Install the flash power module
Follow this procedure to install the flash power module.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
Before installing the flash power module:
- If the flash power module retainer has been installed to the server, press the release tab on the side of the retainer and remove it.Figure 1. Removing the flash power module retainer
If the RAID adapter has been installed, remove it (see Remove a PCIe adapter).
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
To install the flash power module, complete the following steps:
- Press the release tab, and align the bottom of the flash power module to the slot on the retainer; then, firmly press the flash power module until it snaps in place.Figure 2. Installing the flash power module into the retainer
- Align the flash power module assembly with the corresponding holes on the chassis, and slide it forward until it snaps in place.Figure 3. Installing the flash power module assembly
- Connect the cable to the flash power module adapter and the RAID adapter.Figure 4. Connecting the flash power module cable
Install the RAID adapter (see Install a PCIe adapter).
Proceed to complete the parts replacement (see Complete the parts replacement).