Remove the power supply unit
Follow this procedure to remove the power supply unit.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- To connect or disconnect -48V dc power cords when you need to remove/install redundancy power supply unit(s).
|To Connect:||To Disconnect:|
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
Read the safety information and installation guidelines (see Safety and Installation guidelines).
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
Remove any locking device that secures the server cover, such as a Kensington lock or a pad lock.
- Remove the server cover (see Remove the server cover).CAUTIONThe heat sinks and processor could be very hot. To avoid from burning yourself, wait for a few minutes after turning off the server before you remove the server cover.
Place the server on its side with the cover up.
To remove the power supply unit, complete the following steps:
- Disconnect both cables from the system board.Note
Follow the instructions in Internal cable routing and handle the release tab on the connector carefully.
- Remove the four screws that secure the power supply unit.Figure 1. Removing the power supply unit
- Gently push the power supply unit towards the front of the server, and remove it from the chassis.
After removing the power supply unit:
Install another power supply unit (see Install the power supply unit).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.