Removing the power paddle card
Use this information to remove the power paddle card.
If you are replacing a server component in the server, you need to turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
To remove the power paddle card, complete the following steps.
- Pull the power supplies out of the rear of the server, just enough to disengage them from the server.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the air baffle if installed (see Removing the air baffle).
- Remove the 240 VA safety cover (see Removing the 240 VA safety cover).
- Loosen the cables from the cable tie.
- Disconnect the power cables from the power connectors on the system board.
- Disconnect the cables from the hard disk drive backplane or the backplate assembly.
- Disconnect the power cable from the DVD power cable (if available).
- Lift the power paddle card up to remove it from the server.
If you are instructed to return the server component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.