Replacing the power paddle card
Use this information to replace the power paddle card.
If you are replacing a server component in the server, you need to turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
To replace the power paddle card, complete the following steps.
- Align the power paddle card with the standoffs on the system board and lower the power paddle card onto the system board until it is secure.
- Reinstall the safety cover (see Replacing the 240 VA safety cover).
- Reconnect the power cable to the DVD power cable (if available).
- Reconnect the cables to the hard disk drive backplane or the backplate assembly.
- Reconnect the power cables to power connectors on the system board.
- Route the cables through the cable tie if any.
- Reinstall the air baffle if it was removed before (see Replacing the air baffle).
- Push the power supplies back into the server.
- Reinstall the cover (see Replacing the cover).
If you have replaced a server component or installed an optional device in the server, you need to reconnect the power cords and all external cables, and turn on the server and peripheral devices.