Removing the fixed power supply
Use this information to remove the fixed power supply.
Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
If you are replacing a server component in the server, you need to turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
- Disconnect the ac power cord from the connector on the power supply that you are removing. Disconnect all external cables.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).AttentionTo ensure proper cooling and airflow, do not operate the server for more than 30 minutes with the top cover removed.
- Remove the hard disk drive backplane or backplate assembly (see Removing the simple-swap hard disk drive backplate assembly or Removing the hot-swap hard disk drive backplane).
- Disconnect the power-supply cables from the connectors on the system board and internal devices; then, disengage the cables from any retention-clips.NoteNote the routing of all power-supply cables; you will route the power-supply cables the same way when you install the power supply.
- Remove the screw that holds the power supply to the rear of the chassis.
- Loosen the captive thumbscrew that secures the rear of the power supply to the chassis bottom.
- Lift the power supply out of the bay.
If you are instructed to return the server component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.