Installing a USB embedded hypervisor flash device
Use this information to install a USB embedded hypervisor flash device.
If you are replacing a server component in the server, you need to slide the server out from the rack enclosure, turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
To install a hypervisor flash device, complete the following steps.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the PCI riser-card assembly (see Removing the PCI riser-card assembly).
- Locate the USB embedded hypervisor flash device connector on the system board.Figure 1. Location of the USB embedded hypervisor flash device connector
- Align the USB flash device with the connector on the system board and push it into the connector until it is firmly seated.
- Slide the lockbar on the flash device connector to the locked position until it is firmly seated.Figure 2. USB embedded hypervisor flash device installation
- Reinstall the PCI riser-card assembly (see Replacing the PCI riser-card assembly).
If you have other devices to install, do so now. Otherwise, go to Completing the installation.