Replacing the PCI riser-card assembly
Use this information to replace the PCI riser-card assembly.
If you are replacing a server component in the server, you need to slide the server out from the rack enclosure, turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
To replace the PCI riser-card assembly, complete the following steps.
- Install the adapter in the PCI riser-card assembly (see Replacing an adapter or Replacing an Lenovo ServeRAID SAS/SATA controller).
- Reconnect any adapter cables that you disconnected when you removed the PCI riser-card assembly.
- Carefully align the PCI riser-card assembly with the guides on the rear of the server and with the PCI riser-card connector on the system board; then, place your thumbs on locations marked by the blue tabs and press down on the PCI riser-card assembly. Make sure that the riser-card assembly is fully seated in the connector on the system board.Figure 1. PCI riser-card assembly installation
- Reinstall the cover (see Replacing the cover).
What to do next
- Install the server into the rack enclosure and push the server into the rack until it clicks into place.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.