Performing the checkout procedure
To perform the checkout procedure, do the following:
- Is the server part of a cluster?
- Do the following:
- Check the power supply LEDs. See Power-supply LEDs.
- Turn off the server and all external devices.
- Check all internal and external devices for compatibility at the Lenovo ServerProven website.
- Check all cables and power cords.
- Set all display controls to the middle positions.
- Turn on all external devices.
- Turn on the server. If the server does not start, see Troubleshooting by symptom.
- Check the system-error LED on the operator information panel. If it is lit, check the light path diagnostics LEDs. See Light path diagnostics.
- Check for the following results:
- Successful completion of the POST (see POST)
- Successful completion of startup, which is indicated by a readable display of the operating-system desktop
- Is there a readable image on the monitor screen?
- No: Find the failure symptom in Troubleshooting by symptom; if necessary, see Solving undetermined problems.
- Yes: Run DSA. See Running DSA Preboot diagnostic program.