Installing a USB embedded hypervisor flash device
Use this information to install a USB embedded hypervisor flash device.
To install a USB hypervisor flash device, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Install the flash device: Figure 1. USB hypervisor flash device installation
- Align the flash device with the connector on the system board and push it into the USB connector until it is firmly seated.
- Press down on the retention latch to lock the flash device into the USB connector.
If you have other devices to install or remove, do so now. Otherwise, go to Completing the installation.