Removing the cover
Use this information to remove the cover.
To remove the server cover, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables, if necessary.
- If the server has been installed in a rack, slide the server out from the rack enclosure.
- Pull up firmly on the blue latch on the top (in the center of the front of the server) of the cover and slide the cover toward the rear of the server until the cover has disengaged from the chassis. Figure 1. Cover removal
- Lift the server cover off the server and set it aside.AttentionFor proper cooling and airflow, replace the server cover before you turn on the server.