Replacing the cover
Use this information to replace the cover.
To replace the server cover, complete the following steps:
- Make sure that all cables, adapters, and other components are installed and seated correctly and that you have not left loose tools or parts inside the server. Also, make sure that all internal cables are correctly routed. ImportantBefore you slide the cover forward, make sure that all the tabs on the front, rear, and side of the cover engage the chassis correctly. If all the tabs do not engage the chassis correctly, it will be very difficult to remove the cover later.
- Position the cover on top of the server.
- Slide the cover toward the front of the server.
- Make sure that the cover correctly engages all the inset tabs on the server.
- Press down the blue latch on the top (in the center of the front of the server) of the cover. Figure 1. Cover installation
- Slide the server all the way into the rack until it latches.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords.