Replacing the air baffle
Use this information to replace the air baffle.
To install the air baffle, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Align the air baffle pins with the baffle pin holes on both sides of the chassis; then, lower the air baffle into the server. Press the air baffle down until it is securely seated.NoteClose the retaining clip on each end of the DIMM connector before installing the air baffle for proper cooling.Figure 1. Air baffle installation
- Reinstall the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.