Removing the heat-sink retention module
Use this information to remove the heat-sink retention module.
To remove a heat-sink retention module, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the air baffle (see Removing the air baffle).
- Remove the heat sink (see Removing a microprocessor and heat sink).AttentionWhen you remove a microprocessor and heat sink, be sure to keep each heat sink with its microprocessor for reinstallation.
- Use a screwdriver and remove the four screws that secure the retention module to the system board; then, lift the retention module from the system board.Figure 1. Heat-sink retention module removal
If you are instructed to return the heat-sink retention module, follow all the packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.