How to adjust the position of the retainer on the M.2 backplane
Use this information to adjust the position of the retainer on the M.2 backplane.
About this task
Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Figure 1. M.2 backplane retainer adjustment
Adjust the position of the retainer on the M.2 backplane.
- Press both sides of the retainer.
- Move the retainer forward until it is in the large opening of the keyhole.
- Remove the retainer from the backplane.
- Locate the correct keyhole into which the retainer should be installed to accommodate the particular size of the M.2 drive you wish to install. Then, insert the retainer into the keyhole.
- Press both sides of the retainer again.
- Slide the retainer backwards until the nubs are in the holes.