Install a hot-swap fan
Use this information to install a hot-swap fan.
About this task
- S017CAUTIONHazardous moving fan blades nearby. Keep fingers and other body parts away.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
- Read the Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- Static electricity that is released to internal solution components when the solution is powered-on might cause the solution to halt, which might result in the loss of data. To avoid this potential problem, always use an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system when you work inside the solution with the power on.
- Align the fan with the fan socket on the enclosure.
- Press and hold the orange latch; then, slide the fan into the socket until it clicks into place.Attention
When replacing a fan with power on, complete the replacement within 30 seconds to ensure proper operation.
To maintain proper system cooling, do not operate the DA240 Enclosure without a fan or a fan filler panel installed in each socket.
For the configuration with two system fans, make sure that a fan filler panel has been installed in fan socket 2 before operating the DA240 Enclosure. For the location of the fan socket, refer to the rear view of Enclosure.
After you finish
For DA240 Enclosure, you can further monitor the system fan status in the Cooling section in the SMM2 WebGUI.