Remove a hot-swap fan
Use this information to remove a hot-swap fan.
About this task
To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety statement.
- S017CAUTIONHazardous moving fan blades nearby. Keep fingers and other body parts away.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
- Read the Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- Static electricity that is released to internal solution components when the solution is powered-on might cause the solution to halt, which might result in the loss of data. To avoid this potential problem, always use an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system when you work inside the solution with the power on.
Figure 1. Hot-swap fan removal
- Press and hold the terra-cotta latch to release the fan from the socket.
- Grasp the fan and carefully pull it out of the enclosure.Attention
When replacing a fan with power on, complete the replacement within 30 seconds to ensure proper operation
To maintain proper system cooling, do not operate the DA240 Enclosure without a fan or fan filler installed in each socket.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all of the packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.