Install the M.2 backplane
Use this information to install the M.2 backplane.
About this task
To avoid potential danger, read and follow the following safety statements.
- S001DANGERdangerElectrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Figure 1. M.2 backplane installation
Align the openings located at the bottom of the blue plastic supports at each end of the M.2 backplane with the guide pins on the system board; then, insert the backplane into the system board connector. Press down on the M.2 backplane to fully seat it.
After you finish
- Reinstall the node front cover into the compute node (see Install the node front cover).
- Reinstall the compute node into the enclosure (see Install a compute node in the enclosure).
Check the power LED on each node to make sure it changes from fast blink to slow blink to indicate the node is ready to be powered on.