Remove the node front cover
Use this information to remove the node front cover.
About this task
To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety statement.
- S014CAUTIONHazardous voltage, current, and energy levels might be present. Only a qualified service technician is authorized to remove the covers where the label is attached.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Figure 1. Node front cover removal
- Make preparations for this task.
- Turn off the corresponding compute node on which you are going to perform the task.
- Remove the compute node from the enclosure (see Remove a compute node from the enclosure).
- Remove the node front cover from the compute node.
- Loosen the screw on the node front cover.
- Press on the two push points on the node front cover to slide the cover toward the rear of the compute node until it has disengaged from the node. Then, lift the cover away from the node.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all of the packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.