Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure
Use this information to remove a DWC tray from the enclosure.
About this task
- Read the following sections to ensure that you work safely.
- Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.NoteIf Shared I/O adapters are installed, power off the auxiliary node (node 1/3/5/7/9/11) first, and then power off the primary node (node 2/4/6/8/10/12).
- Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.NoteUse extra forces to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
- For your safety, use the lift tool to remove the tray from the rack.
- Rotate the front cam handles as shown in the illustration. The DWC tray moves out of the tray bay approximately 0.6 cm (0.25 inch). Figure 1. DWC tray removalAttention
To maintain proper system cooling, do not operate the ThinkSystem DW612 Neptune DWC Enclosure Type 7D1L without a DWC tray or tray bay filler installed in each tray bay.
When you remove the DWC tray, note the tray bay number. Reinstalling a DWC tray into a different tray bay from the one it was removed from can have unintended consequences. Some configuration information and update options are established according to tray bay number. If you reinstall the DWC tray into a different tray bay, you might have to reconfigure the DWC tray.
- Pull the DWC tray out of the DW612 Enclosure until you see the warning icon in the right side of the cover; then, adjust hands and grip tray (~49lb) at sides to carefully pull out of enclosure.
- Once the DWC tray has been serviced, place the tray back into the original position as soon as possible.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.