Remove the GPU power distribution board
Use this information to remove the GPU power distribution board.
About this task
- Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.NoteIf Shared I/O adapters are installed, power off the auxiliary node (node 1/3/5/7/9/11) first, and then power off the primary node (node 2/4/6/8/10/12).
- Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.NoteUse extra forces to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
A torque screwdriver is available for request if you do not have one at hand.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray (see Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure).Attention
For safety, use the lift tool to remove the tray from the rack.
- Remove the tray cover (see Remove the tray cover).
- Remove the front and the rear cross braces (11x Phillips #1 screws).Figure 1. Cross brace removal
- See Cable removal order to disconnect cables according to your configuration.
- Disconnect GPU power cable.Figure 2. GPU power cable removal
- Remove the clamp plate or the drive depending on your configuration.
Clamp plate removal: Remove the two screws to remove the clamp plate.Figure 3. Clamp plate removal
Drive removal: see Install the drive in the GPU node.
- Remove seven Torx T10 water loop screws with a torque screwdriver sets to the proper torque.NoteFor reference, the torque required for the screws to be fully tightened/removed is 0.5-0.6 newton-meters, 4.5-5.5 inch-pounds.Figure 4. Water loop screws removal
- Remove GPU cold plate screws (16x Phillips #1 screws) with a torque screwdriver sets to the proper torque.NoteFor reference, the torque required for the screws to be fully tightened/removed is 0.34-046 newton-meters, 3-4 inch-pounds.Figure 5. GPU cold plate screws removal
- Remove the four Torx T10 screws (per node) to loosen the quick connect.Figure 6. Screws removal
- Orient the water loop carrier with the slots; then, gently put the water loop carrier down and ensure it is seated firmly on the water loop.Figure 7. Water loop carrier installation
- Tighten water loop carrier screws (15x Phillips #2 screws).Figure 8. Water loop carrier screws installation
- Fold the water loop.
Figure 9. Folding the water loop
❶ Carefully unhook the quick connect and slide it out of the opening in the rear of the tray; then, lift the water loop up off the GPU board.
❷ Carefully rotate the water loop so one half is sitting on top of the other half.
- Remove the tray (see Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure).
- Remove the five screws.Figure 10. Screws removal
- Remove the GPU power distribution board out of the node.Figure 11. GPU power distribution board removal
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.