Remove the tray cover
Use this information to remove the tray cover.
About this task
Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels might be present. Only a qualified service technician is authorized to remove the covers where the label is attached.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
- Read the following sections to ensure that you work safely.
- Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.NoteIf Shared I/O adapters are installed, power off the auxiliary node (node 1/3/5/7/9/11) first, and then power off the primary node (node 2/4/6/8/10/12).
- Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.NoteUse extra forces to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
- Remove the tray out of the enclosure (see Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure).Attention
For safety, use the lift tool to remove the tray from the rack.
- Press on the release latch and the push point at the same time and slide the cover toward the rear of the DWC tray. Figure 1. Tray cover removal
- Lift the cover off the DWC tray and set it aside. NoteService label instructions are located on the underside of each tray cover.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.