Remove the drive from the GPU node
Use this information to remove the drive from the GPU node.
About this task
- Read the following sections to ensure that you work safely.
- Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.NoteIf Shared I/O adapters are installed, power off the auxiliary node (node 1/3/5/7/9/11) first, and then power off the primary node (node 2/4/6/8/10/12).
- Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.NoteUse extra forces to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray (see Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure).Attention
For safety, use the lift tool to remove the tray from the rack.
- Remove the tray cover (see Remove the tray cover).
- Remove the tray (see Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure).
- Remove the drive.
- ❶ Disconnect the power cable.
- ❷ Hold the release tab and push it to release the drive.
- ❸ Remove the drive out of the drive cage.Figure 1. Drive removal
- Remove the two screws to remove the drive cage.Figure 2. Drive cage removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.