System reliability guidelines
Review the system reliability guidelines to ensure proper system cooling and reliability.
Make sure the following requirements are met:
- When the solution comes with redundant power, a power supply must be installed in each power-supply bay.
- Adequate space around the solution must be spared to allow solution cooling system to work properly. Leave approximately 50 mm (2.0 in.) of open space around the front and rear of the solution. Do not place any object in front of the fans.
- For proper cooling and airflow, refit the solution cover before you turn the power on. Do not operate the solution for more than 30 minutes with the solution cover removed, for it might damage solution components.
- Cabling instructions that come with optional components must be followed.
- A removed hot-swap drive must be replaced within two minutes after removal.
- A removed hot-swap power supply must be replaced within two minutes after removal.
- All processor sockets must contain either a socket cover or a processor with heat sink.