Install the adapter-retention assembly
Use this information to install the adapter-retention assembly.
About this task
The adapter-retention assembly consists of 12 separate parts. You can install only the parts that you choose and save the unused parts for future use.
- Carefully place the compute node on its side, making sure the protruding part of the handle is at the top so that the compute node is stable.AttentionIf you place the compute node on its side, with the protruding part of the handle at the bottom, the compute node will not be stable and might fall over.Figure 1. Compute node positioning direction
- Install the adapter-retention assembly.
Figure 2. Adapter retention assembly installationNoteAll adapter-attention assembly parts are shown. Replace the parts that are needed and save the unused parts for future use.
- Align each part of the adapter-retention assembly with the system board.
- Using a T10 Torx screwdriver, install the screws that secure each part of the adapter-retention assembly that you are installing.
- Carefully return the compute node to the bottom-side-down orientation.