Install the M.2 backplane assembly
Use this information to install the M.2 backplane assembly.
About this task
Read Safety inspection checklist and Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Make sure air baffle is installed in the compute node. See Install the air baffle.
Make sure you have the M.2 backplane assembly cables available.
- If there is an I/O expansion adapter installed in I/O expansion connector 2, remove it from the compute node. See System-board layout and Remove an I/O expansion adapter.
- Connect the M.2 backplane assembly cables to the M.2 backplane.
Figure 1. Connecting the M.2 backplane cables to M.2 backplane
- Connect the cables to the M.2 backplane.
- Fasten the screw on the signal cable to secure it to the M.2 backplane.
Table 1. M.2 backplane cables 1 Signal cable 2 Power cable
- Install the M.2 backplane assembly.
Figure 2. M.2 backplane assembly installation
- Place the M.2 backplane assembly on air baffle and slide it into the clip on the edge of the air baffle.
- Tighten the screw to secure the M.2 backplane assembly to the air baffle.
- Connect M.2 backplane assembly cables to system board according to the routing guidance shown below.Figure 3. Connecting M.2 backplane assembly cables to system boardFigure 4. M.2 backplane assembly cable routing guidance
Table 2. M.2 adapter cable routing guidance 1 Signal cable 3 M.2 signal connector 2 Power cable 4 M.2 power connector
After you finish
Reinstall the removed I/O expansion adapter back to I/O expansion adapter connector 2 if needed. See System-board layout and Install an I/O expansion adapter.
Proceed to complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.