Install the CMOS battery (CR2032)
Use this information to install the CMOS battery (CR2032).
To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety information.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
Read Safety and Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Locate the CMOS battery on the system board (see System-board connectors).
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- You must replace the CMOS battery with a lithium CMOS battery of the same type (CR2032).
- After you replace the CMOS battery, you must reconfigure the server and reset the system date and time.
- Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
Do not make CMOS battery in contact with a metal surface when replacing it. The contact with metal surface, such as server side, can cause damage to the battery.
Make sure that all server power cords are disconnected from their power sources before performing this procedure.
To install the CMOS battery, complete the following steps:
- Pivot the CMOS battery to insert it into the socket, with positive (+) side faces up.
- Press the battery straight down until it clicks in place.
Install the top cover onto the server (see Install the top cover).
Install the server into the rack if necessary.
Reconnect power cords and all external cables.