Remove the power interface board
Use this information to remove the power interface board.
Before you remove the power interface board, complete the following steps:
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server. Disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If server is installed in a rack, remove the server from the rack.
Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
Remove the power supply unit (see Remove a hot-swap power supply unit).
Disconnect the cable from the power interface board. See Internal cable routing for more information.
- Disconnect the cables from the flash power module.Figure 1. Disconnecting the flash power module cable
Table 1. Flash power module cable 1 Flash power module
To remove the power interface board, complete the following steps:
- Remove the two screws.Figure 2. Cover screw removal
- Carefully pull the power interface board cover forwards and lift it out of the server.Figure 3. Power interface board cover removal
- Remove the two screws on the power interface board.Figure 4. Power interface board screw removal
- Carefully push the power interface board backwards and remove it out of the server.Figure 5. Power interface board removal
If you are instructed to return the defective component, please package the part to prevent any shipping damage. Reuse the packaging the new part arrived in and follow all packaging instructions.