Remove a riser card
Use this information to remove a riser card.
To remove a riser card, complete the following steps:
Watch the procedure
A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
The riser assembly you want to remove might be different from the illustrations below, but the removal method is the same.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Grasp the riser assembly by its edges and carefully lift it up.Figure 1. Riser assembly removal
- If there is any PCIe adapter installed on the riser card, record the cable connections first. Then, disconnect all cables from the PCIe adapter and completely remove the riser assembly out of the chassis.
- Remove the PCIe adapter that is installed on the riser card. See Remove a PCIe adapter.
- Remove the two screws that secure the riser card to the bracket. Then, remove the riser card.Figure 2. Riser card removal
If you are instructed to return the old riser card, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.