Install the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter
Use this information to install the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
A video for this task is available at YouTube
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Attach the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter label that comes with this option on the rear of the server.Figure 1. OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter label installation
- Install the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter.Figure 2. OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter installationNote
Ensure that the Ethernet adapter is fully seated and the thumbscrew is securely tightened. Otherwise, the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter will not get full connection and may not function.
If there is an OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter installed, when the system is powered off but still plugged in to AC power, system fans will continue to spin at a much lower speed. This is the system design to provide proper cooling for the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter.
- Push the OCP 3.0 Ethernet adapter by its handle on the left until it is fully inserted into the connector on the system board.
- Fully tighten the thumbscrew to secure the adapter.
After you finish
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.