Remove the front I/O assembly
Use this information to remove the front I/O assembly.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- If the security bezel is installed, remove it. See Remove the security bezel.
- Disconnect the cables of the front I/O assembly from the system board. See Front I/O assembly.
NoteFailing to release the tab before removing the cables will damage the cable sockets on the system board. Any damage to the cable sockets might require replacing the system board.Figure 1. Disconnecting the front I/O assembly cables
- Press the release tab to release the connector.
- Disengage the connector from the cable socket.
- Remove the front I/O assembly from the front chassis.Figure 2. Front I/O assembly removal
Remove the screws that secure the front I/O assembly.
Slide the media bay out of the front chassis.
- Remove the LCD diagnostics panel from its assembly.Figure 3. LCD diagnostic panel removal
- Press down the clips as shown.
- Pull the LCD diagnostics panel by its handle to get it out of its assembly.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the old front I/O assembly, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.