Remove the EDSFF drive backplane
Follow instructions in this section to remove the EDSFF drive backplane.
About this task
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack. See Remove the server from rack.
- Prepare your server.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Remove all EDSFF hot-swap drives and drive bay fillers (if any) from the drive bays. See Remove an EDSFF hot-swap drive. Place the drives on a static protective surface.
- Disconnect the power and signal cables from the EDSFF drive backplane.
- Remove the EDSFF drive cage assembly. See Remove the EDSFF drive cage assembly.
- Unfasten the two screws to remove the drive backplane from the drive cage.Figure 1. Removing the EDSFF drive backplane