Remove the 7mm drive cage
Follow instructions in this section to remove the 7mm drive cage.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the 7mm drive cage from the riser.Figure 1. Removing the 7mm drive cage from the riser
- Remove the two screws that secure the drive cage to the riser.
- Rotate the drive cage to remove it from the riser.
After this task is completed
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
- If you plan to recycle the component:
- Remove the three screws that secure the two drive backplanes to the drive cage.Figure 2. Disassembling the 7mm drive cage
- Recycle the component in compliance with local regulations.
- Remove the three screws that secure the two drive backplanes to the drive cage.