Remove the LOM adapter
Use this procedure to remove the LOM adapter.
Before removing the LOM adapter:
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
To remove the LOM adapter, complete the following steps:
- Loosen the captive thumbscrew.
- Open the retention latch.
- Remove the screw that fixes the LOM adapter.Figure 1. LOM adapter removal
- Carefully grasp the adapter and pull it out from the connector.
- Close the retention latch.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
If you plan to recycle the adapter, separate the adapter from the bracket by removing the screws, and recycle the components with compliance to local regulations.Figure 2. Disassembling the LOM adapter