Remove the front VGA assembly
Use this procedure to remove the front VGA assembly.
Before removing the front VGA assembly:
Read the safety information and installation guidelines (see Safety and Installation Guidelines).
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
To remove the front VGA assembly, complete the following steps:
- Remove the fan cage assembly (see Remove the fan cage assembly).
- Disconnect the VGA cable from the system board.Figure 1. Location of the front VGA connector on the system board
- Remove the four screws that fix the front VGA assembly.Figure 2. Front VGA assembly removal
- Tilt the cable cover and remove it from the server.Figure 3. Front VGA assembly removal
- Grasp the front VGA assembly, and pull it slightly forward the front of the server to remove it.Figure 4. Front VGA assembly removal
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.