Remove an adapter from a 4U PCIe riser cage
Follow instructions in this section to remove an adapter from a 4U PCIe riser cage.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the adapter from the 4U PCIe riser cage.Figure 1. Removing the adapter from the 4U PCIe riser cage
- Open both the retaining latches.
- Grasp the adapter and remove it from the connector.
- Disconnect the auxiliary power cable.
After this task is completed
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.