Remove the top cover
Follow the instructions in this section to remove the top cover.
About this task
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- If the top cover is locked, unlock it with a screwdriver (direction 1).Figure 1. Top cover locking/unlocking direction
- 1 Unlocking direction
- 2 Locking direction
- Remove the top cover from the server.Figure 2. Removing the top cover
- Press and hold on the blue tab on the cover release latch.
- Rotate the end of the latch up until it is in vertical position.
- Lift the top cover to remove it.
After this task is completed
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.