Remove the system board air baffle
Follow instructions in this section to remove the system board air baffle.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
- Remove both PCIe riser cages or fillers, the chassis air baffle, and the PCIe expansion tray (see Remove a 4U PCIe riser cage, Remove the chassis air baffle, and Remove the 4U PCIe expansion tray).
- Lift the system air baffle to remove it from the server. Figure 1. Removing the system board air baffle
After this task is completed
- Install the processor and memory expansion tray (see Install the processor and memory expansion tray).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.