Remove the dual SD card adapter
Follow this procedure to remove the dual SD card adapter.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
Remove any locking device that secures the server cover, such as a Kensington lock or a pad lock.
- Remove the server cover (see Remove the server cover).CAUTIONThe heat sinks and processor could be very hot. To avoid from burning yourself, wait for a few minutes after turning off the server before you remove the server cover.
To remove the dual SD card adapter, complete the following steps:
- Disconnect the cable from the adapter.Note
Follow the instructions in Internal cable routing and handle the release tab on the connector carefully.
- Press and hold the release tab as illustrated; then, pivot the adapter away from the retainer.Figure 1. Removing the dual SD card adapter
- Slide the SD cards out from the slots to remove them if necessary.Figure 2. Removing a SD card from the dual SD card adapter
- If necessary, remove the screw that secures the module retainer to the chassis, and slide it towards the left side of the server to remove it.Figure 3. Removing the dual SD card adapter retainer
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.