Remove a 2.5-inch hot-swap drive backplane
Use this information to remove a 2.5-inch hot-swap drive backplane.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
If foot stands are installed on the server, rotate them inwards and lay the server on its side for easier operation.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Disconnect all the cables from the backplane.
- Remove the backplane.Figure 1. Removal of the 2.5-inch hot-swap drive backplane
- Lift the release tabs to disengage the backplane.
- Rotate the backplane away from the drive cage as shown.
- Remove the backplane from the drive cage.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.