Remove the expansion drive cage
Use this information to remove the expansion drive cage.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
If the server is in a rack, remove it from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Disconnect all the cables from the backplane.
- Remove the expansion drive cage.Figure 1. Expansion drive cage removal
- Lift and hold the blue retention tab.
- Carefully pull the expansion drive cage at the same time to slide it out of the opening in the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.