|An IBM optional device that was just installed does not work.|
- Make sure that:
- The device is designed for the server (see Lenovo ServerProven website).
- You followed the installation instructions that came with the device and the device is installed correctly.
- You have not loosened any other installed devices or cables.
- You updated the configuration information in the Setup utility. Whenever memory or any other device is changed, you must update the configuration.
- Reseat the device that you just installed.
- Replace the device that you just installed.
|An IBM optional device that worked previously does not work now.|
- Make sure that all of the cable connections for the device are secure.
- If the device comes with test instructions, use those instructions to test the device.
- If the failing device is a SCSI device, make sure that:
- The cables for all external SCSI devices are connected correctly.
- The last device in each SCSI chain, or the end of the SCSI cable, is terminated correctly.
- Any external SCSI device is turned on. You must turn on an external SCSI device before you turn on the server.
- Reseat the failing device.
- Replace the failing device.