Use this information to USB port problems.
- Follow the suggested actions in the order in which they are listed in the Action column until the problem is solved.
- See Parts listing, Lenovo System x3550 M3 Type 4254 and 7944 to determine which components are customer replaceable units (CRU) and which components are field replaceable units (FRU).
- If an action step is preceded by
(Trained service technician only), that step must be performed only by a Trained service technician.
- Go to the IBM support website at Lenovo Data Center Support to check for technical information, hints, tips, and new device drivers or to submit a request for information.
|A USB device does not work.|
- Make sure that:
- The correct USB device driver is installed.
- The operating system supports USB devices.
- Make sure that the USB configuration options are set correctly in the Setup utility (see Using the Setup utility for more information).
- If you are using a USB hub, disconnect the USB device from the hub and connect it directly to the server.