CMM, I/O modules, or power supplies overheating
Use the information in this section to troubleshoot CMM, I/O modules, or power supplies that might be overheating.
Complete the following steps until the problem is solved:
- Verify that the room where the system is located is properly cooled.
- Check the chassis air filters for dust accumulation and replace if necessary (see Replacing the filter media for more information).
- Check the event log on the Chassis Management Module for rising temperature events and fan module events. If there are no rising temperature or fan module events, the node is running within normal operating temperatures.NoteSome variation in operating temperature is to be expected.
- Verify that all CMM, power supply, and I/O module bays on the rear of the chassis are populated with a either module or a filler. If a bay is left empty, hot air can recirculate leading to high component temperatures.
- Verify that the air inlets on the front of the chassis (top and bottom of the bezel) are not obstructed. These inlets provide cool air to components in the rear of the chassis.