Installing the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis
Install the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis in your facility by setting up and configuring all of the hardware components. The 11U Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis is suitable for installation in Network Telecommunication Facilities.
Before you begin the installation process, make sure that you have completed all planning activities. Planning information is available from Lenovo Flex Information Center website.
Central Office (CO) environment
The Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis is ideally suited for network telecommunications facilities or carrier-grade environments that require maximum equipment operability. The Flex System Carrier-Grade chassisType 7385 (dc power) is intended to be installed in a Common Bonding Network (or mesh network) as described in GR-1089-CORE.
Special accessories required for installation
The Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis requires shielded CAT-5E cables grounded at both ends for all Ethernet port connections.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Do not connect or disconnect any cables or perform installation, maintenance, or reconfiguration of this product during an electrical storm.
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet.
- Connect to properly wired outlets any equipment that will be attached to this product.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- Disconnect the attached power cords, telecommunications systems, networks, and modems before you open the device covers, unless instructed otherwise in the installation and configuration procedures.
- Connect and disconnect cables as described in the following table when installing, moving, or opening covers on this product or attached devices.
|To Connect:||To Disconnect:|