Disconnecting the chassis from power
Follow the instructions in this section to disconnect the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis from all power sources.
Before you disconnect the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis from power, be sure to follow these instructions to correctly shut down the compute nodes.
The power-control button on the device does not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one connection to dc power. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all connections to dc power are disconnected at the dc power input terminals.
Electrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Do not connect or disconnect any cables or perform installation, maintenance, or reconfiguration of this product during an electrical storm.
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded power source.
- Connect to properly wired power sources any equipment that will be attached to this product.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- Disconnect the attached ac power cords, dc power sources, network connections, telecommunications systems, and serial cables before you open the device covers, unless you are instructed otherwise in the installation and configuration procedures.
- Connect and disconnect cables as described in the following table when you install, move, or open covers on this product or attached devices.
|To Connect:||To Disconnect:|
This device does not provide a power control button. Removing power supply modules or turning off the server blades does not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
The following circuit breaker and ground cable ratings apply to chassis equipped with -48 V dc power supplies:
|Breaker||Listed 70 A||See Note 1|
|Ground cable||4 AWG with Listed lug which can accept M6 ground screws||See Note 2|
|Torque rating for ground screws||4.0 - 4.8 Newton-meters (35.4 - 42.5 inch-pounds)||-|
To disconnect the chassis from power, complete the following steps:
- Shut down each compute node. See the documentation that comes with the compute nodes for information about shutting down the operating systems on the compute nodes.
- Disconnect all power cords on the rear of the chassis from the power source.NoteAfter you disconnect the chassis from power, wait at least 5 seconds before you connect the chassis to power again.