Setting up your Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis
Follow the instructions in this section to set up the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis hardware.
Before you begin, make the following preparations:
- Read Safety and Handling static-sensitive devices. This information will help you work safely.
- Confirm that each box contains all the components that are listed on the packing list. Your order might consist of more than one box, and each box might contain more than one component.
- Make sure that at least 11 units of contiguous space (11U) is available in the rack.
- Connect an ESD wrist strap to the ESD connector on the Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis before removing or installing any components. See Front view of the chassis and Rear view of the chassis for the ESD connector locations.
To set up the chassis hardware, complete the following tasks:
- Remove the components from the chassis to decrease the weight so that it can be safely installed in the rack (see Removing components). You can also remove the chassis shelves to further reduce the weight.
- Install the chassis in a rack (see Installing the chassis in a rack).
- Reinstall all of the components that you removed (see Installing components).
- Connect the chassis to earth ground. (see Grounding the chassis).
- Cable the components in the chassis to the applicable external devices (see Cabling the chassis).
- Connect the chassis to power (see Connecting the chassis to power).
Flex System Carrier-Grade chassis does not have a power switch. To turn off chassis power, see Disconnecting the chassis from power.