Removing a fan distribution card
(Trained service technician only) Use these instructions to remove a fan distribution card from the Flex System Enterprise Chassis.
Before you remove a fan distribution card, complete the following steps:
- Read Safety and Installation guidelines
- Shut down the operating systems and turn off any compute nodes in the chassis. See the documentation that comes with the compute node for detailed instructions.
- Shut down the management node, if one is installed. See the Flex System Manager Installation and Service Guide for instructions.
- Disconnect the chassis from power (see Disconnecting the chassis from power).
- Disconnect all cables from the modules in the rear of the chassis.
- Remove the components from the rear of the chassis.
- Remove the shuttle from the chassis (see Removing the shuttle).
To remove the fan distribution card, complete the following steps.
- Disconnect the 40 mm fan module cable from the connector on the fan distribution card. Press the release lever and remove the cable from the connector on the fan distribution card.
- Disconnect the fan logic module cable from the connector on the fan distribution card:
- Open the bail latches outward to release the cable.
- Remove the cable from the connector on the fan distribution card.
- Remove the fan distribution card power cable connector from the shuttle:
- Open the cable-management clip and remove the fan distribution power cable from it so that the cable is loose.
- Press the integrated release lever (on the right side of the power cable connector), using a small tool or your finger.
- Slide the connector to the right to align the key tab with the notch in the slot for the power cable connector on the shuttle.
- Push the connector backward through the opening in the shuttle.
- Loosen the thumbscrew that secures the fan distribution card to the shuttle.
- Slide the fan distribution card upward and disengage it from the alignment pins on the shuttle.
- Remove the fan distribution card from the shuttle and place it on a flat, static-protective surface.