Replacing a fan distribution card
(Trained service technician only) Use these instructions to install a fan distribution card in the Flex System Enterprise Chassis.
To install the fan distribution card, complete the following steps.
- Insert the fan distribution card into the slot on the shuttle.
- Align the pin holes on the fan distribution card with the alignment pins on the shuttle, align the 80 mm fan module connectors with the openings in the safety mesh on the chassis, and slide the fan distribution card down to lock it in place.NoteBe sure to hold the card evenly on the top and bottom. When everything is aligned correctly, the fan module connectors will suddenly go through the openings in the mesh, and the alignment pins will go through the pin holes on the fan distribution card.
- Tighten the thumbscrew that you removed earlier to secure the fan distribution card to the shuttle.
- Connect the 40 mm fan module cable to the connector on the fan distribution card.
- Connect the fan logic module cable to the fan distribution card. Make sure that both of the bail latches are in the locked position to secure the cable.
- Install the fan distribution card power cable connector into the shuttle:
- Insert the left side of the power cable connector through the slot at the bottom of the shuttle.
- Push the power connector to the right far enough so that the key tab aligns with the notch in the slot; then, slide the connector to the left until it snaps into place.
- Route the fan distribution card power cable through the cable-management clip and lock the clip to the secure the cable.
After you install the fan distribution card, complete the following steps:
- Reinstall the chassis shuttle into the chassis (see Replacing the shuttle).
- Reinstall the components that you removed from the rear of the chassis.
- Connect any cables that you disconnected from the modules in the rear of the chassis.
- Connect the chassis to power (see Connecting the chassis to power).
- Restart any compute nodes that you shut down. See the documentation that comes with each compute node for detailed instructions.
- Restart the management node, if one is installed. See the Flex System Manager Installation and Service Guide for instructions.