Replacing a 1-bay compute node
Use these instructions to install a 1-bay compute node in the Flex System Enterprise Chassis. You can install a compute node while the chassis is powered on.
Before you install a 1-bay compute node in the chassis, complete the following steps:
- Verify that the compute node is compatible with the chassis. See the Lenovo ServerProven website.
- Read the instructions that come with the compute node.
- Make sure that you have installed any optional hardware devices in the compute node.
This procedure assumes that you are replacing an existing
compute node in the same node bay. If you are installing a new compute node, see Installing components.
To install a 1-bay compute node, complete the following steps.
- Remove the node bay filler, if one is installed. Push the filler release tab to the right; then, grasp the filler by the slot and pull it out of the bay.
- Open the release handle (rotate the handle to the left).
- Slide the compute node into the node bay until it is seated.
- Close the release handle (rotate the handle to the right).
After you install the compute node, make a note of the compute node identification information on one of the labels that come with the Flex System Enterprise Chassis. Place a label on the node label tab and on the adjacent chassis label plate, to the right or left of the compute node (depending on the bay in which the compute nodes is installed). See User labels for more information.
Do not place the label on the
compute node or in any way block the ventilation holes.