Replacing a 2-bay compute node
Use these instructions to install a 2-bay compute node in the Flex System Enterprise Chassis. You can install a compute node while the chassis is powered on.
Before you install a compute node into the chassis, complete the following steps:
- Verify that the compute node is compatible with the chassis. See the Lenovo ServerProven website.
- Read the instructions that come with the compute node.
- Make sure that you have installed any optional hardware devices in the compute node.
This procedure assumes that you are replacing an existing
compute node in the same node bays. If you are installing a new compute node, see Installing components.
To install a 2-bay compute node, complete the following steps.
- Open both release handles (rotate the left handle to the left and rotate the right handle to the right).
- Slide the compute node into the node bays until it is seated.
- Close both release handles.
After you install the compute node, make a note of the compute node identification information on the labels that come with the Flex System Enterprise Chassis. Place a label on the node label tab and on the adjacent chassis label plate, to the left of the compute node. See User labels for more information.
Do not place the label on the
compute node or in any way block the ventilation holes on the chassis.